Monday, June 5, 2017

New wheels!

I picked up some new wheels for the C70 recently, very exciting stuff! I like the Cassiopeas that I'm running on the car right now, but they are in bad need of a refinish. They're currently plastidipped black, and that's just not a good look. And I am reluctant to put the money into powdercoating them as I don't think I'd get that money back when I sell them, they're just not super desirable wheels.

So for the past year or so, I've been stalking Craigslist religiously, trying to find a decent set of wheels for the car. My dream OEM wheels would be the 18" Tritons that came as an option on the 1998-2000 V70R, but those are next to impossible to find these days. But thankfully, St. Louis craigslist came up with these! A set of 17" Propus wheels that were originally fitted to my car. Exact same wheel as the Triton, just an inch smaller.

They need to be powder coated as well, but these are fairly rare and desireable wheels, so I have no problem spending the money. Not to mention they'll look amazing on the car!

(This picture makes them look much nicer than they are)



This is literally the worst damage on the set. Certainly repairable. Tires are bad, but they're the same size as my current ones, can just swap them over. Not bad for $250 and a 6 hour round trip to get them!



They're sitting in my bedroom now, waiting for a refurb. 




No comments:

Post a Comment