Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Black Interior Swap Time!

Updates are slow lately, I haven't had a lot of time or extra $$ to be fooling with the C70. But I'm doing what I can!

I've gotten a storage unit for the car, which is awesome, keeping it out of the elements finally after all these years. It deserves it!



And the big project now is a black interior swap!!! I've been wanting to do it for years, and am finally starting to find all the parts necessary. I found a convertible being parted out on Craigslist, and turns out it was a 60k mile example that had been hit on the right side. Interior was filthy but absolutely mint underneath the grime!





Got it all back to the storage unit and used my collection of Griot's Garage products to bring them back to new! I'm so happy with how the seats turned out, they look brand new. The little scuff on the driver side bolster is literally the biggest flaw in either of them.

Before


And after








Powerwashed the carpet:



And spent today cleaning the door panels:




Last but not least, I got in touch with a guy in Massachusetts that is parting out a black interior coupe! And has all the coupe-specific parts I still need. Waiting on a shipping quote from him, but hopefully I'll have everything I need soon!




Till next time:







No comments:

Post a Comment