Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Update 5/9/17 - It's Been a While!

Wow how times have changed in the past six months! I know it's been a long time since I've posted on here, but that will be changing now. I've gotten a new job and have moved yet again, but this will be the last move for a while, thankfully.

My career has definitely moved up a peg,  I'm now flying a private corporate jet! A Hawker 400 Beechjet, to be exact. What a great job, I finally enjoy going to work every day. Been travelling all over the country, and it's just fantastic! So much fun, I'm definitely never looking back from the jet life.
(This picture was taken in the Florida Keys haha)



The other big news is that the C70 is no longer my daily driver! After 10 years, I finally bought a new car. And that new car is a 2017 Toyota Yaris iA. It's a bit of an interesting little car, it was a Scion, but that brand was killed off. But in reality, it's a Mazda! A Mazda 2 to be exact. For whatever reason, Mazda decided not to bring the new generation 2 to the US, instead letting Toyota have the rights to it. Nobody seems to know the reasons behind that, but it's a great little car. Not very fast, but it's been doing over 45 mpg on the highway! And has the typical very high quality Mazda interior. It's exactly what I've been looking for, and only cost me around $17k out the door. 







The best part is, the C70 can now be a proper project car! It's nice to finally be keeping the miles off of it. This new job has provided a nice boost in pay, so hopefully the ol girl will really start to get nicer. However, the C70 has quite a personality, and soon after I got it to my new apartment, it acted up out of jealousy lol.
This looked scary, but luckily was a minor issue. Somehow, the top coolant line from the bottle slid down onto the serpentine belt and was cut by that belt. I picked one up at the dealer and had it replaced pretty quickly. 

Some other improvements over the past few months have been a newly rebuilt Xemodex throttle body! What a difference that made, the car is so much smoother and responsive. I wish I'd done that sooner. Also, I replaced the power steering reservoir and related hoses and clamps. No more power steering leaks!

With the new car getting such good gas mileage, I've also taken a couple of road trips to get some really good cosmetic parts...

Got a new trunk lid from around the Chicago area, which means I finally got rid of that unsightly spoiler! I've gotten a lot of comments, good and bad, for this change on the car, but I couldn't be happier with it. The paint isn't quite as nice as the rest of the car, but that's ok.




And another trip to northern Ohio yielded this, a genuine V70R bumper! In my opinion, these cars look amazing with the R bumper, and I'm thrilled to finally have one. It isn't in the best shape, and will definitely need a full restoration and repaint before it goes on the car. With the rarity of that part, the work involved doesn't bother me. Especially since I only paid $50 for it!


One last little cosmetic mod to share for now. I upgraded the tail lights to the 2003-2004 C70 "Jewel" lights. A small change, but I think it makes a big difference. I am hoping to get the jewel head lights soon.


That's it for now! Check back soon for more updates.








No comments:

Post a Comment