Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Back on the road.... A little update

Hello everybody! It's been a long time since my last update, but the updates will be coming much more regularly now :)

I'm finally done with my job training in Cape Cod, and have relocated to a small town in Missouri to fly shuttle flights to St. Louis. The good thing is, I have the Volvo with me now!! I've seen exactly 3 European cars in the week I've been here, including mine... They favor their rubbish American cars here lol. Anyways, onto the C70...

Getting it out of the garage for the first time in 4 months was quite exciting!! Here it is when I opened up the door:


Taking it for a spin! It fired right up of course:



I was planning on doing loads of work to it before leaving for Missouri, but my dad surprised me and had all my new suspension and brake parts installed!! I have a great local indie mechanic that always takes good care of my old Swede. The Bilstein Tourings have been excellent so far:



All I had to do then was give it a good cleaning and an oil change:




Now onto the fun part, packing... My fiancee made the move with me, so I had to fit all of her stuff in there too! I brought all my tools and spare parts so I can continue working on the C on my days off, as well as supplies for my die cast car restoration hobby. All that stuff did have an adverse affect on the ride height though:




Hitting the road! It was about a 10 hour drive, but the old girl performed flawlessly! Still doesn't use a drop of oil or coolant, and averaged 28mpg, even with all that stuff in the back. Amazing!


Well, now I am here in Missouri, starting work and getting settled in. I'm anxious to see what the next few months bring, if I end up staying here or moving somewhere else.. We will see! I did manage to find one friend though, parked at the airport:



Oh, and here's "work". The Cessna 402C Businessliner.



Stay tuned for more updates soon. I've got plenty of small projects lined up that I'll be documenting here!














No comments:

Post a Comment