Thursday, February 4, 2016

Progress: Parts Car, Wheels, Cooling System

Just a quick post to bring you up to date with what I've done to the car since graduation, in May. 

I started off small, new battery, a thorough detailing, an oil change, a new heater core, and just some general love haha. Then onto the leaky cooling system, replaced this nasty tank along with all the hoses and clamps. 

And just been fixing up small things, interior lights burnt out, power seats not working, etc. I've really become a stickler for little things like that! 


Next, I bought an M56 parts car, with the idea of getting a full manual swap from it. That didn't really work out, as I got this new job and had to move. Then the garage space it was taking up was needed for other things. So it's gone and I didn't get really any transmission parts from it. However, I did make several hundred dollars profit from parting it out! So I'm happy overall. 




And that's about it really. Here's how it sits now, waiting for me to get done with training...





Annoyingly, right before I left for training, the front struts collapsed completely. The thing rides like an old tractor now!! And, according to my mechanic the rear delta link bushings have failed as well. That's why the poor thing didn't get to come to training with me. I definitely was not about to take it on a 16 hour road trip in that condition. 

I'll be back home in the next few weeks, where there is a HUGE box of parts waiting for me. A full Bilstein Touring suspension kit, a PCV kit, and new brake pads and brake fluid. My dad kindly dropped the car off to my mechanic where the delta link bushings are currently being replaced. It'll definitely be up for a road trip then!




No comments:

Post a Comment