Friday, May 20, 2016

Update 5/19/16 - PCV Service and Volvo Club of America Meet

Hey hey! It's been a busy few days here. I finally got around to doing the PCV service on my C70. Such a critical piece of service that so often gets overlooked on these cars. I see it put a lot of cars in the junkyard! Which is a real shame.

I'm definitely an amateur mechanic. I like to think I have a decent bit of "common sense" when it comes to mechanical things, but I still have an incredible amount of things to learn. That being said, this is about a 3-4 hour job for an experienced mechanic... It took me about a day and a half haha.

But hey I learned a lot, made mistakes that I won't make again.. That's the best way to learn, right? Dropped a lot of tools into the depths of my engine, but I didn't break anything, and didn't have any "extra" parts leftover.. I call that a win!!

Starting to take the manifold off




New gasket, breather box, assorted hoses and clamps installed




Almost no sludge buildup at all!! Best news all day




Parts laying everywhere!



There are some seriously awkwardly placed bolts on this job..

But hey it's done, should be good for another 100k miles at least! 




A little update on the door check, the hole for the bolt is completely stripped clean, so it looks like i'm definitely going to have to tap that out at some point. Ugh..





Also, last weekend the St. Louis chapter of the Volvo Club of America had a little meet up for an air show! It was a lot of fun, we ended up getting a spot about a half a mile from the airport on the final approach. Didn't have to buy a ticket, and we got a better show than anyone on the airport property!

Check out this link for more photos (with quite a few pics of me): 



Next items on the to-do list are new tires and fixing the emergency brake! Tune in next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment